Sawyer Edward - Birth Story Photography

Incase me spamming you with pictures on my facebook feed wasnt clue enough, I wanted to officially annouce the birth of my second son, Sawyer Edward. He is PERFECT you guys. He is so sweet and such a good baby. He doesnt cry unless he is gassy or hungry and he always gives you fair warning before he really looses his cool :)

When I was pregnant with my first son I had a tumor in my eye that started bleeding because of the increased blood volume caused by pregnancy. Because of this my OBGYN gave me the option of a normal delivery, but he wouldnt allow me to push, out of fear that it would cause my eye to bleed during labor and delivery, or I could have a c-section. Obviously I chose c-section. Labor and delivery is hard enough without not being able to push. So this time around we opted to do another c-section, as it isnt always safe to do a normal delivery after you have done a c-section. 

So on tuesday Feb 23 we went in at 7:00 am to the hopsital where they hooked me up to monitors and got me ready to go. There was some confusion, because my doc was on call and there was an emergent c-section that came in about an hour before we were supposed to go for our surgery, so they told me I would probably be delayed a few hours. But everything went smoothly with the other surgery, and they decided to "move me up" in the surgical line. So literally one minute I was told it would be an extra couple of hours, and the next minute the nurse came in and said we were going now! It was a little nerve wracking! 

The surgery went well with only a few minor hickups. They couldnt get the babies head out of the incision for a few minutes, and he was trying to poke his little hand up through at the same time as his head. He swallowed some amniotic fluid during the process and had a bit of an upset stomach and choking on the fluid as he would spit it up the next couple of days. His billirubin was also slightly high, which made him just want to sleep, so he slept great while we were in the hospital, but we could barely wake him up to feed. He is a very lazy eater, and falls asleep after about 5 minutes of eating, so I feel like all we do all day long is feed him because he never quite gets enough food and ends up hungry again an hour later :) He weighed 7 lbs 13 oz and was 20 inches long. 

My older son Wesley was sick with a stomach bug, so they let him in the hospital but wouldnt allow him to hold the baby. When we came home he got to hold him for the first time and he was grinning from ear to ear ! He adores his little brother and always asks to hold him and help with him.

My husband got to be in the operating room as well, so I got all my camera settings good to go and handed the camera over to him. He didnt do to bad!